View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavorite View Post
@knc1 - I've been using a spare ipad charger, which has a higher output current spec to allow the ipad to fast charge. I believe this is equivalent to the high current usb ports on the macbook pro I have. Now have the DX connected to the mac in order to have a reinforced ground for the TTL converter, as geekmaster suggested.

Nice "solution" to the charger problem from Amazon...
Isn't that a nice solution?
Hey, if its broke, don't ship it.

What your doing should be alright, those are probably 300ma maximum ports - just like the macbook "high current" port.
The Kindles (the few models I know about) can handle a 500ma charge rate.
The Amazon charger can output 800ma - and the firmware wasn't written to detect/correctly handle an "over current" condition.

The Kindle battery (at least the ones used in models capable of using 3G) can source/sink a 3amp (3000ma) current. So even the Kindle's "fast charge" wall charger wasn't coming close to "fast charging" that battery.

Last edited by knc1; 09-28-2012 at 10:08 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote