View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
hi vicinc, I just used android ID changer from the market, although it also required first busybox to be installed (I think that the busybox earlier installed by z4root is either missing some programs internally, or else just missing the symlinks for those programs?) - but I still wonder if that busybox conflicted with the one in esi/bin.

I also have sqlite editor which probably could have done the job, and I've also seen examples of using sqlite command from adb to do it.

I'm still not sure if one can simply change to a random new ID or need to change to an existing good ID (which is the only thing I have seen in examples - take the existing ID from your phone or emulator) - I changed to a random and my market and gtalk still worked, but gtalk still showed the same weird sync problem, so I'm not sure if there was any benefit there (maybe only to people whose existing androidID gets blacklisted/refused?)

the reader, I got back by inserting those modules listed above, e.g.

adb shell
su -
cd /lib/modules
insmod ./sysimgblt.ko
(etc. insmod for the other modules)

but again, the pen input service/driver (think this is an X/framebuffer "driver" not a linux module driver) was still not running. altho the input driver for the reader buttons was working. doing some logcat and dmesg on the properly working system gives a better idea what modules are installed and what services are running (only after the fact, I found someone's "development" post on these forums that detailed all of this much better)

anyway:

I ended up using emusan's golden update.zip b/c nothing else worked regardless of what usb stick or sd card I tried. this is probably because I had earlier changed fingerprint in build.prop and the updates (ermine, vanilla golden or otherwise) did not like it. if that hadn't worked I would have tried editing the update sh script myself and take out more of the checks that could possibly fail - but emusan's was sufficient after all.

sorry I know this is all vague and rambling, I have to investigate more to figure out exactly what happened. but I do think that busybox and the fact of system/xbin coming before system/esi/bin in the path had something to do with it:

- /system/bin has "toolbox" (version unknown, couldn't get it) which seems like basically a busybox or clone
- /system/bin also (I think) has busybox 1.17.x - may have come from z4root?
- /system/xbin had the busybox installer apk version in it - I tried both 1.19.x and 1.17.x
- /system/esi/bin (**this is all the reader related stuff**) also has its own busybox 1.15.x
- path at the time was roughly /system/bin:/system/xbin:/system/esi/bin

probably what I should have done to test to be sure was delete all the busybox symlinks in xbin, but was worried about breaking even more and just wanted to wipe to a clean state.

Last edited by tarvoke; 10-02-2011 at 07:15 PM.
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote