Thread: Troubleshooting Excessive Charge Time on Kindle3
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Mine did completely drain completely, but it did not change anything. I'm to the point of having to charge about every 8-9 days, with wifi off. Have re-indexed per Amazon and reset to factory defaults per Amazon. Like you, I use mine a fair amount.

jocamp, have you ever used Kindle Collections? I have and have wondered in the back of my mind if it might cause unusual indexing that would stress the battery. In any event, after you use it for a week or so, try re-charging and see if you get the green indicator. If you still have an issue, would suggest opening a dialog with Amazon CS so that you're on record as having an issue before your 1 year warranty comes up.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote