View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
I used to read exclusively on my old iPhone 3GS, with its 3.5" 320x480 screen. It was passable. I now read on my HTC HD7S, with a 4.3" 480x800 screen and it's much better.

Honestly, though, screen size is less important than resolution. An iPhone 4 or newer will be better than a 3GS or older simply because it has a higher resolution, even though the screen size itself is exactly the same. Even so, at this point my phone size sweet spot is between 4.0 and 4.3". Anything less is too small. Anything larger is too big (the wife has a 4.5" Samsung Infuse, and those extra .2" over my phone make it just ridiculous).
Well I had been living with a Samsung Incercept 3.2" smartphone and would not even bother to try reading a book with it. Little browsing was even frustrating due to the rather mediocre resolution. It sufficed as a reliable phone with texting, my main priorities obviously and the cost and no contract were a huge plus.

I've stepped up to a 4g 3.7" smartphone since with much better resoulution. I haven't tried reading a book yet since I only got it a week ago but I'll give it a whirl soon as I'm very curious.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote