View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #40
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh View Post
tselling,

Thanks for your help. FWIW, I originally tried margin-top and margin-bottom and they seemed to do nothing, even with order of magnitude jumps in values. The padding-top and padding-bottom worked.

The articles noted by fjtorres are better than what turned up in my web searches. I look forward to learning more. His statement "Will probably take some experimenting to see which tags and properties are supported by AdobeViewer." is important. How true!
Padding probably worked more easily because its not used much in ebooks so there wasn't more specific CSS code to override it. For margin to work in quite a few of my library books I had to use p.indent and p.nonident along with p... but I was using it more to make the left and right margins smaller since when I made the font bigger the margins got bigger and I wound up with like 3 words per line.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote