View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I can't imagine a full screen refresh uses significantly more battery power than a partial screen refresh.
I'm no expert on the matter, but my guess is that it is simply because it takes power to change the shade of a pixel. When the Kobo doesn't do a full refresh, it only "clears" the necessary pixels, leaves alone the necessary pixels, and then darkens the necessary pixels for the text of the new page. That is always fewer pixel flips than shading the whole screen, then clearing out the pixels to show the text of the new page.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote