View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
the root causeof the "bug" and I still consider it a bug - in documentation / code or both
Could be a bug in documentation. Calibre is not a ebook editing suite. What this means is the options to adjust a book were put there to meet specific broad demands to make books more readable. This does not fine tune books and if a person is very particular they end up having to go elsewhere to fine tune their books.

Personally I made my peace with the compromises that calibre makes. I use the remove spaces between paragraphs and add a 1.1em indent. At the same time I have calibre insert a blank line. This gives a indent and a space between my paragraphs. This combination did destroy soft scenes breaks, but the recent heuristics will usually allow my soft scene breaks to become hard scene breaks so they don't get lost.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote