View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I would agree with this.

you must be thinking about first gen netbooks. There 2nd gen and the new 3rd gen devices that are convertible and the screen folds down to make the device into a tablet like form. Also they have touch screens which you can use with finger or stylus.

Once again... the 3rd gen netbooks have 6 to 8 hour batter life, have the more powerful Atom chips, some with dual core. Of course, how much power do you need in a net book to display a PDF file with FoxIt reader? Underpowered is relative to what you try to run on it. For example... a Linux based OS will probably be much faster on a netbook than Windows every could be.

BOb
I have been testing netbooks for work (great fun by the way) - I have 4 of the latest one including the newer Asus 30a which is advertised as having 12 hours of battery life - running a battery voltage program and running on a balanced plan the HP, Lenovo and Dell all died at about the 3.5 hour mark. The Asus (with a core 2 ) was the fastest of the bunch and run for 4.3 hours; better but still does nto float my boat. I want to be able to take a device to the beach, park or library etc and read as long as I want not as long as it will let me
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote