View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
The 3G lets you download books from the Kindle store, use the Kindle store and wikipedia and I think that's all. You have to use wi-fi to browse anything else.
Shelfari also, anything on amazon.com (not just Kindle books). Maybe Goodreads if and when they add integration for that. I like being able to use Translation and Report Content Error when there is no wifi connection as well.

And if you switch between reading devices (say a smartphone and Paperwhite) the 3G will enable more seamless sync, whispersync for voice (Audible) etc.

Since this thread is about Kindle vs. Nook I would just point out that the Nook eink devices have no built in web access. So 3G aside, you cannot do wikipedia lookups with Nook. I find it really useful when I come across a reference and want to learn more about it, and would not want to be without it.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-29-2013 at 04:47 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote