View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I don't want to appear argumentative, but there is only one 2.6.1b package. If there were a fix of the header size for the Touch, owners of a old model would not know, in the same way as they don't enjoy the (partial) fix of the png image handling in epubs. Anak asked at least twice whether 2.6.1b fixes the header size for Touch. But I did not see any owner of a new model touch answer this question.

The actual question seems to be why Kobo didn't release the 2.6.1b for mark 3. I think they simply forgot to do it. I therefore posted the minimal changes one has to do in order to upgrade from 2.6.1.to 2.61b here.
I'm not making my point. Forget 2.6.1b. Get any previous mark3 and mark4 firmware package and unzip them. Then unpack the KoboRoot.tgz and compare them. You will find that the differences are some images, fonts and the contents of a USB driver directory. If you put the KoboRoot.tgz from the mark4 package on a mark3 Touch, it works with no problems. And you pick up a couple of extra fonts. The USB drivers would seem to be a worry, but so far it hasn't caused a problem. And, as I said, Kobo generally only supply the KoboRoot.tgz for the beta builds to be used on all the devices.

As to whether the Touch is missing a change to the header size, the examination of the libraries is showing that there is no separate code/settings for the Touch and Glo for the heading, so it didn't change. I didn't see Anak asking if the Touch showed something different with 2.6.1b, and I can't find it now. If I had seen it, I would have told him there was no difference as I did load the KoboRoot.tgz from 2.6.1b onto my N905 Touch. I wanted to see if there were any changes. That doesn't prove the N905C Touch isn't different, but I would be surprised if it was.

Of course, all this might change with the next firmware. We might be back to the 2.5.1 and older heading setup for epubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote