View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Are you set on a 5" screen? Would a 4.5" be acceptable? If so, then you might want to consider getting a Galaxy S II smartphone off-contract. I just bought a brand new SGS2 on eBay for $220. That's only $20 more than a SGP5. In addition to having 16GB onboard (vs 8GB on the SGP5) and more RAM, the SDS2 has a nicer screen, and faster processor, 8MP camera (vs. 3.2 on the SGP5).

I have been grappling with the idea of buying an SGP5. I nearly pulled the trigger a few times, even got as far as standing in the checkout line with one in-hand.

Even if I never plan on using the SGS2 as a phone, it will make a terrific Android-based PMP.
I plan to get the 5 inch. I think it would be the perfect size for me. I have no use for another phone. I don't need a super duper device just something that will run what I want it to like the Amazon MP3 app, maybe the Kindle, audible and Overdrive apps plus be able to surf when needed. The screen and processor has to be better than my LG Vortex. 8GB is plenty for me. although I plan to add a card to it. It has more ram than my phone and not mention space. I going to have to come up with a solution for the softkeys backlight when using it in the dark other than that I think it will work fine for me. Now if only it played protected WMA.

Squaretrade is giving out 40% percent coupons this month at their Facebook page. I signed up for them in advance so I can get a good ADH plan for cheap.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote