View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
daedalus13
daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPC
New Nook -Rooting & syncing readers?

I am looking for an e-ink reader that I can sync to other devices, and specifically, my own, non-drm'ed books. I haven't been able to find this ANYWHERE - but it looks like I might be able to do this with a nook

I have an android phone (and an ipad, but I need to figure out how to install android on that ). As the nook is based on android, it seems like I can install a reader app on it.

It seems like nothing really _natively_ supports sideloaded/personal doc syncing, but it looks like FBReader can with a 3rd party app, and it SEEMS like Aldiko wants to add this functionality soon.

It seems like the new nook was just released, so this might be premature, but does anyone know if it is/will be rootable?

And if so, what reader do people suggest? It seems like FBReader is the only one that can sync my personal documents across devices, but I am wondering if anyone knows of anything else that does/imminently plans on having this functionality...

Thanks!
daedalus13 is offline   Reply With Quote