View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
Buying books from Amazon.....ok am all interested now Did not know I could do that. Other than that, you're right. I don't think I need it now since my book collection is very small. I only buy books from Sony or Kobo (really don't know where else to go?) but I almost feel to buy a Kindle just for the Amazon collection of books and prices.
Calibre becomes your Kindle in a way once you have added those "additions" from our good friend Alf.

I buy from Amazon all the time.

Though my wife has a Kindle, I use Kindle for PC as the "download to" option within Amazon. Once Kindle for PC has the purchased ebook, it is a simple matter to transfer the Amazon ebook into Calibre. Certain "actions" are performed in the background along that transfer route and I can then edit and the transfer to any of my Sony ereaders.

If you want to purchase from Amazon, then Calibre is one of the tools you really would be advised to have.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote