View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #13183
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
D.C. Fontana and Suzanne Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I finished reading Nancy Fulda's two short stories and found them very enjoyble. Now I'm starting to read Dorothy Fontana's The Questor Tapes, a novelization of a Gene Rodenberry/Gene Coon screenplay.
I rustled up the TV movie of The Questor Tapes on Youtube and watched it first (after I'd read chapter 1), then finished the book (an old paperback from a used book bazaar quite a few years ago). It was a fun read and improved on the TV movie in quite a few instances and in different ways. Even though I had just watched Robert Foxworth play Questor the android I kept picturing Brent Spiner's Data instead, as I read the book. This book was the prototype of Data.

Now I' finally starting to read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (before the movie gets released on DVD).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Questor%203.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	86336   Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-DataTNG.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	86337  

Last edited by alansplace; 05-12-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fix link
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote