View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #73
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

I bought my color nook today. Sorta pleased - there are a few bugs in the system. 32GB cards are not workign for me unless I jump through some hoops. Formatting the card does not work if the card is over 16gb. Directories are created on the card in read only mode so you have to change the attributes to write to the card.

Biggest complaint - you need wifi to set it up and they do not tell you the mac address until you have already set it up. All of my access points have mac address control - so I had to walk to a neighbor's yard to leech his wifi to do the initial setup.

The screen is not as responsive as I would like.

In general - worth it with the understanding that there will be a new software release coming. Heavier than I expected. but since my kid has taken over my ipad, I did need a color ebook reader. I have the ipod touch 4 for shirt pocket use, and this is decent for taking with when I pre-plan trips.

The file system for me is SO MUCH BETTER than the Sony that takes minutes to boot. I have an android tablet from China that is above the general quality, and the color nook is better. Half of the memory of the tablet though.

Oh - the nook specs say 8GB - I only see 5gb useable.

Loaded 18K ebooks as a test. Seems to be working as I pull them from the filesystem.
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote