View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^I agree with that sentiment, but it's hard to feel for Chapters when I go to the bookstore and the book is $20 and I can buy it on-line for $16 with free shipping from Chapters.ca. They are not looking at their entire eco-system, they are looking at different market segments. Why would I really want to pay the $4 not-paying-attention tax that my parents pay because they are scared of on-line transactions?

I browse my bookshop (there's only two in my city plus a couple of used ones) and I often buy things from the bookshop because I do want it to be there, but I do have a given budget for books.

I'll be sad when the bookstore isn't there, but they can't possible not understand that charging less on-line is going to make the store viable for the long term. Once the technologically-challenged market disappears they are done if they haven't adapted.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote