View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #20
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Well given the internal memory and SD cards are formatted for FAT16/32 which the Kobo reads your ebooks from it most certainly is supported. I suspect the ROM?? in the Kobo used to perform the firmware update doesn't have FAT16/32 support compiled in to save on space, or maybe it is overlooked. Then again, as the internal memory is FAT and doing the update through the desktop app succeeds.....
No problemos, segnior. Kernel supports it and it extends to whatever
file system you mount to the root. To the device it does not matter if
you speak of sd card or one of partitions on nand.

Quote:
I guess that end of the day Kobo didn't anticipate people wanting to perform the firmware update themselves via SD card (or needed to) and opted for a more user friendly approach and having it "automated" through the desktop app.
You count on that. I assume they were in panic when someone asked for
non-default upgrade. If they stood hard, they would lost customers, as I
saw it. Finally, guess what is the method without a single complaint.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote