View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
I did a number of giveaways and gave out over 1000 copies of my book in the first week. I thought it was important to get my name out there in the beginning. That was 8 weeks ago.

I now sell 3-5 books a day between Amazon and Smashwords at $1.99. It's not huge money, but it's a starting point. Likely I will move up to 2.99 in June because of Amazon's new model. Unless I get picked up by a traditional publisher I doubt I will raise it higher than 2.99 and my next book will likely start around that price.

I'm getting some good traction in a few places now and building up a following, but I really think none of that would have happened without giving it away in the beginning.

Last edited by davidhburton; 04-25-2010 at 08:10 PM.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote