View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
Kindle Fire doesn't display some images in MOBI file

The attached MOBI file was created using a custom recipe I am writing. Among other things, it contains an editorial cartoon (as an image).

If I open the file from within Calibre, I can see the image just fine. However, when I put the file on my Kindle Fire, it doesn't display the image.

This isn't true of all images - the file is part of a larger recipe I'm working on that includes daily comics from the same source, and they display just fine. Images embedded in articles also display properly (or at least some of them do - I haven't tracked through exactly which ones display and which ones don't.

But the Fire seems to have trouble with this particular image (and the corresponding image for other days' downloads). Anyone have any ideas what might be different about this class of image that makes it not display on my Fire?
Attached Files
File Type: mobi bg.mobi (69.8 KB, 310 views)
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote