View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Doesn't it depend on whether your Kindle is the International version? I live in South Africa and my new Kindle 3 went onto the web out of the box via the local Vodafone partner, no tweaking or settings necessary. I have heard similar stories from friends in Europe.

It's also important not to confuse the two 'international' aspects of the Kindle. One is whether a US-registered owner can buy Amazon books elsewhere, or vice-versa, which I gather is a bit problematic. The other is simply web access, which should work anywhere in the world there is a (participating) Vodafone or AT&T partner.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote