View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 11:58 PM   #13
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Alex - have you tried moving the book to the Gen3's internal memory and seeing if it will save its initial position there? If it does, that's pretty conclusive proof that the problem lies with the card. If the problem persists there, it would suggest that the problem lies with the book.
Now I'm even more confused.

I put the previous SD card into the Cybook, and checked that the ebook would not remember the place I finished and would not accept books marks.

I then attached the Cybook to my computer, and moved the ebook of the SD card to the Cybook 'main memory'. I noted that there was no corresponding .mbp file in the folder containing the ebook file.

After removing the Cybook and CD card safely I opened the ebook, and confirmed that it did accept bookmarks and did reopen where I had closed it.
I also noted that there was an .mbp file for that ebook.

Since I will be using another SD card in future I thought I'd move all the files back to the old SD card from the Cybook 'main memory'. As I was doing so I was asked whether I wanted to replace the .mbp file. Let me repeat: I did not see an .mbp file in the receiving folder. The only explanation I can think of is that there was an .mbp file there but it was hidden. But this seems to go against the explanation given by Tommy and Krystian that Linux had made the file read-only.

For what it is worth I tried the ebook file again when it was back on the old SD card, and it still wouldn't work.

All I know, or think I know, so far is that the original file works and the SD card doesn't.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote