View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #54
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'm torn. I can't wait for a side by side review and since I'm out here on the edge of the world, you guys in Canada and the US will likely be posting those reviews long before either the Paperwhite or Glo get out here.

I noticed on an Indigo launch video, where the guy put a Kobo Touch, side by side with a Kobo Glo and you can't tell the difference between the screens without the front light on. So, there will be a difference between the Paperwhite and the Glo in terms of displayed text.

I noted that Amazon mentions a new reading experience. I wonder if that is simply the whiter display and front light or if it is also an improved menu system. Amazon's current one looks like it is 20 years old. Kobo's is really nice. My only negative issue with Kobo that is holding be back from ordering a Glo right away is the experience I've had with the recent firmware revisions. It seems recently, every time I buy a new book, something does wrong and I'm either doing hardware resets or dealing with a bricked device simply because I paid Kobo a little more money.

Last edited by TongueTied; 09-10-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Arggggggggh, autocorrect
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote