Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #71
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardo View Post
I am experiencing a changing behavior of the second home screen: one shows the xml defined behavior, the other the classic Sony content.

On restart, I get as the second screen the old/stock version with the audio player. The third screen is empty, but can be "populated" via the return button. Home, then second screen now doesn't show the old screen, and no audio player.

Anyway, I would like to have the Sony audio player included in the xml by default.
How can I add it?
I'm aware of the problem with settings not loading on reboot, but I'm not sure I understand the behavior you describe. When you press the return button, are all screen affected or just the third one?

To add audio player, put <item>app_audio</item> in the place you want it in the XML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Sorry, but I think SourceForge is a mess. Where is the homescreen thing and its latest version and how is it called. And what do the other applications do? I am not very technical and I know that 'just trying out' what I find on the internet will surely result in a bricked reader.
So far I am very happy with the new homescreen but lost track of where to find new versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
I understand the reader app is mainly for changing fonts (?) and the browser is an imnproved internet browser. I don't really need them. But the modified homescreen, yes. But where is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Look in post 32 of this thread.
Yes, there is no Home app on SourceForge yet since I haven't made any updates to it since I began using it. Latest one right now is v6, that snarkophilus links to.

Better documentation is on my TODO list, but I only have so much time to work on this every day and I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzent View Post
Is there now any way to see wath is fixed or what future wishes are. For me the "currently reading" update from FBreader is the most important and is keeping me away from this homescreen. Any idea when it will be implemented.
I intend to bring back the future/fixed lists as soon as I figure out how to manage them. I haven't experimented with FBReader much yet, but will do so in the weekend, to sort out what works and what doesn't work and what needs to be done to make things work.

Last edited by Morkl; 01-20-2012 at 09:09 AM.