View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #9376
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
the third from my recent purchase of a bundle of Frederick Pohl books: The Way the Future Was, first published in 1978.
An insider's look at Science Fiction from the 1930s to the 1970s through the eyes of Frederick Pohl - Author, Agent and Editor. A bit of autobiography, and a bit about the early SF community and magazines. Fascinating stuff, and a good read.

I'm somewhat surprised, but very pleased to find that he's still with us (currently 91) and still active — he has his own blog, The Way the Future Blogs. Now added to my RSS feeds.

Next up: Women in Deep Time by Greg Bear. I got this back in December 2008 during a Fictionwise 40% off sale, using Micropay from a 100% rebate sale. That added up to an astonish level of discount overall. I do miss the old Fictionwise.

This seems to be three novellas by Greg Bear. I've liked some of his other stuff, so hopefully I'll like these.

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-14-2011 at 11:30 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote