View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 AM   #32
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Just in case anyone else is wondering about the line breaks: go to tools/ element browser/empty paragraphs. Delete the unwanted empty paragraphs. (Keep them before chapter titles, otherwise they won't work properly.)
It would not help in my case.
1. It would help but then it would take me a full week of 8 hours shifts of deleting all of them one by one, the book was very long.
2. Bizzare, but the empty paragraphs were not recognised as such by BD.
I knew about your solution. That was one of the very first things I have tried.

So, my solution was a bit different(although lengthly process as well).

I was selecting as much as possible of text that I can see on one screen. Then either go to:
Code:
Format/more transformations/select elements -> paragraphs
or right click with a mouse on selected text and select
Code:
more transformations/select elements -> paragraphs
in a drop down menu.

It would remove all the fake empty paragraphs in select text.
You cannot use "select all" because it would remove all empty paragraphs which would be a bad solution as well.

Last edited by astra; 10-21-2008 at 05:01 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote