Thread: Lost Library
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I have been using dropbox and calibre for years with no problems. How did you move your books to dropbox if you dont mind my asking. Just copying the calibre library to dropbox folder on your hard drive then pointing calibre to it should have worked like normal as it is just a normal folder.
Dropbox doesnt just upload the changes but the whole file so syncing email files might not be optimal but ebooks being so small its great for calibre.
I never used dropbox for Calibre. I used it to mirror/backup my Thunderbird files -- with disastrous results. One day all the contents of my inbox disappeared! Other mailboxes within Thunderbird were fine except for the primary inbox. I was able to redownload most of the mail -- so I didn't lose much -- but I said never again.

Dropbox may very well work fine for Calibre, but I will never use it to backup a live database again. I only use the cloud for redundant backups now or temporary storage -- no live databases!

Correction -- I do use the cloud ONLY when a mobile app absolutely requires it. Like MS OneNote and iCloud for tasks for iOS. I have had no problems with either of those two.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote