Thread: Classic Nook buyers beware
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #26
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is hard to call the nook a major eBook Reader on the market when it hasn't even shipped yet. Jinke likely sells many more eBook Readers and is marketed by many names including several on this forum. Netronix also sells lots of eBook Readers and has lots of brands on this forum. All of these products have user-replaceable batteries.

Dale
By "major" I meant in terms of manufacture and distribution. I couldn't tell you how many random brands of e-ink readers exist in the world right now, and I'm sure there's one with a replaceable battery. In terms of what's available to the mass market in the US, I feel it's reasonable to include nook, even if it hasn't shipped yet, simply because we can anticipate how many stores will carry it (at least 700) and how much visibility it will have to the general public (lots).
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote