View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostt View Post
I see... the problem is I can not see a pattern of behavior... sometimes I can work and save for a long time, and another I just can save once, and in the second try to save crashes. Maybe it crash more often when I move images and try to save after that, but noy always.
This is why Valloric is asking you to spend the time to experiment and find a way to always cause the crash. Because otherwise he just has a report that it sometimes crashes on save, and if it never does it on his system, the bug will take a long time to be fixed.

If you do spend the time and come up with a reliable way to cause the crash, it can probably be fixed very quickly.

It is possible that it's a random crash - dependent on some bit of memory have a particular value that isn't set by the code. In that case, the best you can do is find a sequence of events that will (say) cause the crash to happen one time in three. Even that would be a lot better as a bug report.

It's a sad fact, but reporting a bug well is often as much work as fixing the bug.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote