View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I actually like the page flash. It lets me know I have turned the page so that I can go to the top again.
With one of the ebook apps on the iPad, it is possible to set page transition to zero. When I tried that, it confused me. One page of text looks just like another page of text. I don't know about other folk, but I NEED a signal that the page has turned and I can start reading from the top again. I now appreciate having a page swish or scroll, even though it isn't technically necessary on my iPad screen.

There has been criticism of the flash of eInk and the artificial page turns in ebook apps, but I think the brain does need some sort of signal. Maybe the programmers knew what they were doing.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote