View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #38
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
Just a normal, unformatted date column. I have added the issue on Github, basically it comes down to the fact that Marvin XD seems to retrieve the original metadata from the book if that book does not yet exist in Calibre, ignoring any changed metadata in Marvin in the process. This then causes all kinds of side effects but these all stem from the fact that Calibre does not recognize the books as being present in Marvin. That is, not until I manually edit the metadata in Calibre to be the same as it is in Marvin, only then suddenly Calibre realizes the book is also there on Marvin and refreshing works like it should work.
These two issues (your date column and the metadata problem you've created an issue for) are completely unrelated.

Please open calibre, then Preferences|Interface|Add your own columns. Find the custom column you created to hold 'date read'. Select it, then click the 'i' icon on the right side. In the dialog that comes up, what is the text in the Column type edit field?

I will take a look at the issue you posted, thanks for the detailed description.

G