View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #98
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
On a final note, having to buy a new printer when changing OS isn't unusual.
It would be unusual for me. I don't intend to retire my Laserjet 5 as long as it has breath left in it's chassis.

But it SHOULD be unacceptable for everyone. Bad enough we're compelled to dispose of cell phones every few years, we don't need printers joining in the disposable mindset.

We're supposed to me moving toward open standards, one of the benefits being long-term reusability. Remember winmodems? I don't miss that idea.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote