Thread: Real books
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Cheap? Are you nuts? $14.99 for Cold Days and $9.99 for Dead Beat a book published in 2006 and an eBook in 2007 is not cheap. I could give you many examples of not cheap, but these two will do.
I can see a lot of new release e-books in the price range $0.00 to $5.00 (for less than the price of a cup of dubious coffee, in other words) ... and not too many new release paper-books in that range. Also, the list price for the hard-cover of Cold Days is $27.95, so that still makes $14.99 relatively cheap. It's not my fault you've got expensive tastes.

The other factor you have to consider is that, living in Australia, even $27.95 looks looks cheap up against the $34.99 .. $41.99 I've seen some asking for here. For the Dead Beat paper-back they want $18.99. Many trade paperbacks sell in the $25 range in shops. (Of course, it depends on where you shop, but books here in Australia are very expensive compared to what I see on Amazon.)

I could given more you many examples, but those will do.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote