View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #46
MichaelSullivan
Enthusiast
MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
Keep a close eye out for the non-compete clause in the contract. If it's there - and the Big 6 love to include them - make sure it's something you can live with or something you can negotiate so it doesn't impact your other writing. I've seen other writers turn down a contract with a Big 6 publisher because their contracts included clauses that tried to restrict them from selling anything elsewhere.
I couldn't agree with this more -- I came within millimeters of not signing my big-six contract (and it was six-figures) because of the non-compete. It took months but we finally got it adjusted to something I could live with.
MichaelSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote