View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast
Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Tribes--A High School Grad Week novel

[Afilliate links deleted - MODERATOR]

Also available at iBooks (and soon B&N and KOBO).

Today I've released my novel TRIBES. I must say I'm very pleased with how the cover turned out. Anyone have fond memories of High School? This'll destroy them. ;D

"Items to carry on the person:
reliable pen,
backup pen,
field study notebook,
open mind."

Percy's father, a famous anthropologist, died in Africa four years ago; and Percy has taken on his father's eyes to see the world as a brilliant Observer. He and his friend Elissa are fascinated by the ritualistic world called Grade Twelve: the Jock tribe; the Teacher tribe; the Born Again tribe; the Cool and Detached tribe; the Lipstick/Hairspray tribe, not to mention Mr. Verplaz, the Shaman.
For Percy it's crucial to withdraw, analyze, and remain above it all.
But wait--he's studying real people, who complicate things. Like Elissa, the only person who can come close to him, maybe too close. The only person who knows how painful it was last year when their best friend Willard died. As graduation approaches, the looming ritual ratchets up Percy's deepest, hidden feelings and reveals the truth about his father's disappearance.

"In this short, well-paced outing, Slade manages a wide range of weighty topics-- Darwin, evolution, the Big Bang, death, suicide , and first love-- with a light, humorous touch. An entertaining, thought provoking read." Kirkus Reviews

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-18-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Arthur Slade is offline   Reply With Quote