View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #22
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuntya View Post
hm.... help?
I was able to get a very convincing copy of the entire flash storage. But it didn't work when I re-flashed it.

It might be the same problem with bad flash blocks that stops me from flashing stock OI v0.2. (v0.3-rc suceeds, and I can then downgrade to the stable version using the "upgrade" mechanism). But it doesn't make any sense when I try to work out what could cause it to fail.

If someone has an N516 successfuly re-flashed with Hanvon firmware off the internet (or they don't mind the risk of being stuck with OI), I'd be happy to dig out my scripts and send them for testing. But I wouldn't consider them trustworthy until someone finds a fix for my device (or at least a test that can be run in advance to detect whatever it is that stops my device being flashed sucessfuly).