View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #17
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
The German firmware gave the same results as the rapidshare firmware - the LED turns on when booted, but the screen remains blank.

As I said, I've got OI 0.2 working and am now very happy with it. The standard OI installation didn't work though; I had to download a newer version of USBboot.

The OI problem was almost certainly due to bad flash blocks on my device. It definitely looked like the newer USBboot was better able to handle the bad blocks. (See the link in my previous post for the gory details). Flash being what it is, bad block handling is pretty important :-).

Perhaps the official firmwares handle bad blocks differently, and so require a different strategy when re-flashing.