Thread: Battery dying
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #23
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinBL View Post
What do you mean by "pages" and what by "page turns"?
The epub lists a number of pages. The one I'm reading right now is 443 pages. This number matches the number of pages in a normal paper book.

Since I want to avoid using reading glasses I have increased the font size on my ebook. The increased font size means I have go through around 9 screens (changing between each screen = 1 page turn) of text before the page number at the bottom changes.

This means that to read the entire 443 pages I would have to go through (9x443) 3987 screen changes or what are considered page turns for battery usage.

Using lrf the pages down the bottom would change to reflect this increase in font size and would show 3987 vice 443 but with epub the pages down bottom always reflect the same number no matter how many screens you have to go through.

Hopefully some of this makes sense.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote