Thread: Which Are You?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #43
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
There are quite a few folks out there who seem confused by this rather simple poll. The question is not about phones (not primarily in any event), it's not about forcing any allegiance, and it's not about extolling the virtues of one OS over another. What it was about was to get a feel for how folks felt about the various OSs and which ones they decided to primarily use.

As the OP correctly pointed out, once you have a large investment of time and money in a particular OS it becomes nearly impossible to swap back and forth between the different OSs because they are not comaptible. For example, I have an android tablet with a keyboard dock and I love it. It does everything my laptop did only faster and easier, BUT when I left my windows laptop behind it was a tough choice. I had a ton of expensive programs and a lot of time dedicated to learning the ins and outs of the system. I bought a tablet for convenience and portability(and the ooooh shiiiiny factor). I figured on the continued use of my laptop, but after a short period I realized that I had pretty much abandoned it in favor of the tablet.

There is nothing wrong with any of the OSs, they all have pros and cons, however it is not really practical to spend money and time floatting between them. Eventually we all choose which we PREFER to use and invest in.

I answered "I resent your implying I must choose", because I don't choose and I do resent someone implying that I must (ok, resent is too strong a word). I do use them all and refuse to invest enough money in any OS that I can't switch to another without regret. Any content I buy must be convertable into something usable on my other systems or I don't buy it. I'd lose maybe $30 - $50 in apps if I had to switch to from iOS to Android exclusively (or vice versa), but my music, videos, books and any documents I've created would still be available.

I will continue skipping merrily from walled garden to walled garden, sniffing the flowers as I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
Oh...and Canada wouldn't be so sad if they didn't have so many beavers on their money and if they instead had the Detroit Red Wings as a hockey team, unfortunately they do not. Sooo, they will continue to be our funny, tundra drenched, bacon confused, "special" friends (who can not pronounce the letter zeeeeeee) to the north. (heh, heh, heh. That last bit made me giggle.)
Canada is the second happiest place on earth because we have beavers on our money. If we had eagles on the money, we'd be 11th. .

We may be tudra drenched, but Santa Claus is Canadian.

Back Bacon Rules!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote