View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Can Odyssey read while charging?

I am not sure if my Odyssey is acting up, or maybe it is something they put in the latest update (1485). For some reason or other (made some sense at the time) I plugged my Odyssey in but I had it powered down. I just came back to it - the green light is on for a full charge, and the homescreen is showing. Everything works - except the Reader is not visibible to the computer. I assume it must be a new feature since the battery meter has a flash in it like most other devices indicating that it charges.

Can anybody confirm this please? Maybe someone out there does not have 1485 installed yet. If that is the case that would be a huge improvement beeing able to read while charging.

EDIT nevermind - Today the Odyssey would just act normal as it should. Even turned OFF it will turn itself on and show the "connected" screen unable to read. See post #4 and #5. Thank you SFReader for the wall-charger tip to charge and read at same time. My old PRS-300 does not let me read when wall charging with usb - so I never tried the Odyssey - and manual does not say that a wall-charger acts different. Maybe they don't want people to think they can use existing chargers they already have instead of buying a new one from Bookeen ??

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-13-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: see above
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote