View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seqkat View Post
I am using an old Gen3 (using firmware 1.0)
Have you tried upgrading? I don't know if it helps with your problem but it is worth anyway.
Quote:
This Christmas I tried to add some new books from Project Gutenberg - ran them through Calibre to make sure the formats matched up correctly
Have you tried using the original Gutenberg files, without the Calibre conversion? Or some mobi or prc files from our Patricia Clark Library here?
Quote:
There appears to be absolutely no difference between these files and the old ones which were already on the device, so I am absolutely mystified as to why there is a problem.
What about the file names? Are they - in general - the same? Maybe your Gen3 doesn't like blanks in them or they are too long.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote