View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do have a major issue with B&N though. They allow self-publishing and they get from Smashwords. So how do I know if the eBook I an getting is from Smashwords or not. But one issue I've found is that a lot of self-published authors have no clue what they are doing and just take a Word document and convert it to ePub and we (the readers) get a rather poor ePub.
I don't know if there's any way to tell. Some affiliate stores do list Smashwords as the publisher, but I don't recall if BN does or not. (I went to BN via SW for a few months, then switched to direct.)

I can't see that your risk is greater either way. Drek can be self-published through any of these channels now. SW at least has formatting requirements that--if you follow them--will likely give you a good Epub conversion. I think it's actually a very good checklist for making a book that will convert with minimal issues.

Anyway, Kobo hasn't answered my query yet, so I'm no closer than before to knowing if this will work.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote