View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #61
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
About rignt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
Talking about battery life, I've had my PPW for about two weeks now. The battery lasted til yesterday when I had to put it on the charger. It's had about 9hrs of usage if the time-to-read calculator thingy is any guide for the one book that I've read, so far.

Not too shabby given that it's running a light when it's on.
I get 10 hours with WiFi on and 12 hours with WiFi off for the PW measured by keeping each session time in an Excel spreadsheet. I made those tests in two cycles but don't bother measuring battery use cycles anymore other than total days between charges. Thus, 9 hours is just about right with WiFi on.

For my Kindle Fire 7" 32 Gb unit I get 5.5 hours with WiFi on and 7 hours with WiFi off measured by the GSam Battery Monitor using the Screen time right before charging. Some report triple that time but have uninstalled GSam thinking its time meaurments may be wrong.

I've decided to use both units with WiFi off all the time other than when reading so they can sync to each other.

Some report 35 hours and more on both units but their methods of measurment may be different than mine.

I have noticed that reading over shorter time periods with longer sessions gets far more battery time than reading over longer time periods with shorter sessions. I usually charge my units after a couple of weeks of use. My reading sessions rarely exceed 30 minutes. Those, who charge every 3rd day using 12 hour reading sessions, may get substantially longer periods of battery use.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-20-2013 at 06:05 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote