View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #12
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
I'm a GoodReads member also and the reason is, it cost me $0 to enter my entire library in GoodReads and it would have cost me $10/year to do the same at LibraryThing since I have more than 200 books (the max free book limit on LibraryThing).
Or $19 one time for a lifetime membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a librarything account which sits unused. I also have a Shelfari account and a GoodReads account. Of the three, Shefari is awful. The staff there don't care and errors can creep into book listings that they have to fix and they don't. It's a horrible site. LibraryThing is ok. Nothing special about it to be honest. I do like GoodReads the best. It also has the best social aspect and the librarians are helpful.
It seems to me librarything's primary appeal is for those with an international(ly published/sourced) collection. Without the 600+ worldwide book database connections (or, rather, the rights ones out of those 600) I'd have to add most of my books entirely manually. Or does GoodReads offer sourcing from international national library/other book databases too, JSWolf?

Social aspect and librarians aside, do you find there is a big difference between Librarything and GoodReads in terms of functionality offered?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote