View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #104
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1456 View Post
"modify header tags" in what way? Just adding an ID, or inserting links to stylesheets and such, or more advanced modifications?

It seems that the xml declaration, doctype and html tag always ends up on the same line, whatever I do in sigil. Would it be possible to keep the orignal line and indentation formatting in the headers and the declarations above the html tag when ToC Generation finds that it needs to format something?
By header tags I meant <h1> etc. And what extent of modification depends on what you did. In the latest versions in the Generate ToC dialog you can adjust the level left and right (making that h1 an h2 for instance). You can also edit the text to appear in the Toc, which will add/modify a "title" attribute on the heading tag. And of course it will ensure the heading has an id tag on it for the xref to work.

As I said I will have a look at what is possible. I'm guessing without looking at the code that the html is being converted into a Xerces document and then spat back out again, so the formatting is at the mercy of what Xerces decides to do with it (potentially mangling any formatting that was there originally). Which is why the likes of the Pretty Print option is popular to turn it into something more viewable on screen. However it is perfectly understandable why some users like yourself try to keep Tidy off completely so Pretty Print isn't a desired option. We shall see what can be done if anything...