View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Millions? Really?
Seriously? Not even close.
Again: look at your Windows release history. The IT types *always* whines. A lot of storm and fury and it *never* means anything.
And the Win8 start screen is *not* a "Tablet interface". It is usable on XBOXes, Phones, and PCs. (To say nothing of the fact that PCs *still* have the Desktop one hardwired hot-key away.)

All these obituaries for a product that won't ship for three months?
Hyperventilation over very little.
It does, though. I.T. folks, along with lots of driver incompatibilities, admittedly, helped give Vista a huge negative buzz. The buzz from the tech saavy and the tech industry does make a difference.

It can't kill a product, but it can make an impact. And techies are pretty down on Windows 8...some of them really, really hate shoehorning the Win 8 tile start screen onto the desktop.

I don't know about the success of Windows RT. I think Surface Pro with x86 has a lot of potential, though - I'd certainly be considering it next year if I had some cash. Looks like an awesome gadget.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 08-14-2012 at 12:14 PM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote