View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
On my new k4nt, I thought I bricked it on multiple occastions while using the "disable diagnostics" menu. Even holding the power switch a long time did nothing.

It seems to always wake up by plugging it into a power adapter (NOT computer USB port), and holding the power button until the LED turns off. Then tapping power again. It usually either wakes up right were it left off (in the "disable diagnostics" menu), or it boots from the kindle tree startup screen back into diagnostics. Sometimes it restarts to main mode.

This seems to happen even when I am sure that the battery is not low. It works fine without recharging after using the power adapter to "debrick" it.

I tried this on my old bricked k4nt, but it did not help.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-28-2012 at 01:05 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote