View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Well, in my universe, the answer to any question I don't have a answer to is "Magic". No, I don't believe in magic either, so I'll just have to assume that there is some kind of checker and index built somewhere in the .prc file format that lets it know it's a dictionary. Hopefully someone like Adam B. will be along in a moment to laugh at my stupid naivety and filibuster and offer an actual, real, proper answer.
You're actually, exactly right. There is a special index inside of a dictionary Mobipocket file. You have to add some special "magic" to the file when you create it, and then compile it as a dictionary. It also needs to be in the Mobipocket folder in the books directory to be found as a dictionary by the iLiad software.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote