View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #13
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Locally, I've found that most charities here either don't take used books, or only accept them as a favor.

But there is a used bookstore "Half Price Books" that will give you some small amount of money for books. I've given them really valuable book sets and only received a few bucks for them. It's painful, but easy, and not as painful as throwing them away. At least this way, someone is likely to buy them again. They deserve the profit because I'm not willing to do the legwork to sell them online or at more sophisticated used bookstores.

On the other hand, I don't currently see e-book technology as being chosen by people to save money. Maybe as a self-justification for big readers who can justify the initial outlay by the discounts on best sellers, for example.

Mostly, however, I see people buying these things because they like the experience and convenience, or have eyesight/storage type issues driving them. Let's face it, it's really a luxury item at the moment.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote