View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #16
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well sure it is a Publishing Contractual problem. But since neither the retailer nor the customer have anything to do with those Publishing Contracts, asking us to care about that is ridiculous.

The big difference being - Waterstones is "allowed" to sell me (a US resident) the UK Print version of a book if that's what I want. In fact they frequently do. As long as I'm willing to pay the shipping cost, they do it with a smile and send me thank you emails.

Publishers do not try to restrict the retail sale of printed books, even though they all claim this unworkable mode of digital book business is based off the traditional print model of offering distribution via geographic areas.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote