View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #36
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
If it's not "processed" image, the clearity is VERY good compared to the reader. (but not good enough for me to ditch my 3 weeks old reader though)
I ... think they're photo-shopped, athlonkmf. It's hard to tell, 'cause they're really well done if they are, but there's something hinky (to use Abby's word) about the compound shadows in the first pic -- I'd expect the shadows where both the book and the e-reader are casting to be a bit darker than where just one or the other is casting, and the left edge shadow is just plain off (the round nub where the corner of the e-reader is supposedly casting a shadow, except it doesn't look like it sticks off enough to cast much of a shadow at all, and that one's just the wrong shape ). Besides that, it all seems just a bit too even. Not my area of expertise, but that's what it looks like to my uneducated, but attentive eye.

Quote:
Reading this "battery included", does this means it has -gasp- removable batteries?
Yeah, a removable battery is one of the features they've had all along. Makes us Sony & iLiad owners all itchy with jealousy.

Quote:
Don't really understand this though:
"Dark brown leather case (optional)" and then later in the box "Leather case (Deluxe version)"

So there's a deluxe and a normal version or something?
That's the way I interpret it too, that there's to be a deluxe edition available with extra goodies, but that the leather case can also be purchased separately. Makes sense for them to do that, actually -- otherwise they'd lose some sales from folks who want the leather case, but not an extra "guess what" brand 1GB SD card. They don't seem to say anything to indicate it here, but I'd expect they'll sell the 'charger' (some kind of cradle, perhaps) from the deluxe edition separately too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote